What to wear to bed.

My 6 month old always has freezing hands in the morning. She wears a short-sleeved onesie, pants, socks, and a sleep sack (with long sleeves) on top of that. I'm nervous about using a blanket, but she seems so cold. What can I do?

cschwanger

Asked by cschwanger at 9:43 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used blankets but i also got up about 5 times a night to check and make sure she was doing okay with it until i was confident. You could even try a light blanket to start out. I've seen the baby gloves for sleeping and i think they may have them for 6 month olds.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 9:54 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• The little sock looking things they make for newborn's hands so they don't scratch can be bought in bigger sizes, or you could even just put a regular pair of her socks on her hands while she sleeps. Not only will it keep her hands warm, but she definitely won't scratch herself that way, either, lol!
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 10:06 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Find something that can cover her hands... like the PP said. I use blankets and am not bothered by them because I know she knows how to move it out of her way if she needs to. Just keep in mind, only do what YOU feel is safe for YOUR child! Good luck.
    MrsSgtGordy

Answer by MrsSgtGordy at 10:45 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I loved the little blanket sleepers..
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2008