PCOS Ultrasound

Good morning ladies, I was just at the doctors office and was asking her about pcos since i really don't know much about it and have been having trouble ttc. I have been having problems with hair in weird places and my blood sugar levels are a little high last one was 114. She then said that she would have me go and get an ultrasound to see if i have pcos. Has anyone else had this done? Any comments about it.
Also she said that before i go to the appt which is on the 5th of oct. i have to drink 32 ounces of water 2 hours before i go. I am a little nervous but i would really like to find out so i can put my mind at ease.

Traci1979

Asked by Traci1979 at 2:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• An us is an us they don't hurt. You just need to make sure that you have a full bladder b/c that will help push your reproductive organs forward so that they can see them better.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:04 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Thanks.
    Traci1979

Comment by Traci1979 (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Good luck.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 3:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• They'll do a vaginal ultrasound which can be uncomfortable but it's not too bad. I was diagnosed with PCOS through the ultrasound plus I had high insulin levels; not high blood sugar levels. Usually the sugar levels are not the concern but high insulin levels can have a direct cause of fertility issues. Insulin actually has a lot to do with how the body works and releases the egg every month. Which is why PCOS women have so many issues.

If you have any other questions or ever want to chat, feel free to message me :)
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 11:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2010