Sometimes I think its so easy for a man....

Sometimes I think its so easy for a man to say a baby is not mine and want to walk away. As woman we are not giving that choice. Once that baby is born if by god its not aborted or adopted away. A woman can't just look at and so oh it not mine and I'm not taking care of it till someone proves it mine. And I also think to many men out there are spreading seed and walking away bc they are "players" and if thats the game you want to play I think there are adequate raincoats you can wear. I think this became more of a rant than a question. Anyway thoughts are welcome.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• They can walk away but they cant get away fron DNA testing and child suport

Answer by louise2 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I have to say my peace here....there is nothing wrong with putting a child up for adoption.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:14 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• To Dannee: As there is that option, I know personally I could never hand over my own flesh and blood for someone else to take care of. I imagine it is hard to go through.
    I am just lucky I have my husband who is loving and loyal to our family.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:18 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I understand where you are coming from. I had that happen to me with my first husband. Yes he could not run away from DNA and Childsupport. But I need to bring up another thought. I have witnessed women getting preg and blaming the wrong man too. Or out and out trying to trap the man with the most money to be the father. So I can understand where it comes from sometimes. That happened to my semi successful son that did use a rain coat. He had to go through court and found he was one of three men accused of being dad. Road goes both ways, if a woman is going to play, she needs to protect herself too, and sould know who dad is before pointing fingers.
    blackcat66

Answer by blackcat66 at 10:37 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• And I also think to many men out there are spreading seed and walking away bc they are "players" and if thats the game you want to play I think there are adequate raincoats you can wear.

Has it ever occured to you, that for every man "who spreads his seed" there is a woman who lets him! 

Since a woman obviously has far more invested in the consequences, you would think she would be smart enough to take steps of her own to prevent it.  Or at the very least, she could say "no condom, no sex!"

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:39 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Beeky, your right on. Woman need to stand up and have more integraty and self respect. If your sleeping around, then prepare yours self for the reality of being a single mom. If thats not what you want, then keep your legs crossed till you find a man that proves his worth to you.

Like beeky said, for ever man who spreads his seed, there is a woman willing to spread her legs for him. If your not ready to have a child, then don't have sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I'm so glad someone finally said that the women should take her share of the responsibility of it too. I don't understand why either of the two would have unprotected sex, but I know condoms do break, birth control sometimes fails and it's usually the woman who ends up having to make the decisions of how to handle the pregnancy and pay for all of the upbringing. DNA doesn't lie, but just because the court makes the order, the man doesn't always pay. I could rant both ways on how people screw each other over and the kids suffer the consequences and it would've been so much easier if they'd have just used some birth control.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:24 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Actually anon I was advocating contraception and self control.  I have no problem with a woman having sex, but she needs to take responsibility for both her fertility and her health.  If I were single, you can better believe that I would be on some form of contraception and I would be making my partner wear a condom every single time to protect me from STD's.  And while accidents do happen, they are rare, especially if you use more than one form of contraception.

A little responsibility and you get down and dirty all you want!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2008