Breastfeeding with Breast Implants??

I have one breast implant that was interted under the muscle. I have heard rumors that I "might" not be able to breastfeed from that side. Does anyone have implants and is or is not breastfeeding???

wpured

Asked by wpured at 3:57 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't have implants, but as long as you have milk ducts.. you should be able to breastfeed. I think only a mastectomy with reconstruction with implants would cause you to have problems.
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 3:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• i have implants and my doctor told me i could never but that's because i went on top of the muscle.
    drgroves

Answer by drgroves at 4:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• i have implants and have been breastfeeding wonderfully. mine are under the muscle with the incision in the arm pit. you may have trouble if you had the incision in the areola or under the breast, as those tend to be more disruptive to breast tissue and to mammary glands. but you still may be okay. you never know till you try.
    susanjpt

Answer by susanjpt at 4:37 PM on Jul. 3, 2008