What is great about where you live?

Today i saw 4 moose on my way home from taking my kids to school. That's Great!

We live in a larger city of about 300,000 and yet have the highest amount of land it green belts and parks than any other city in the US.

We live close to the wilderness, literally in my backyard.

We have dozens of schooling options, from many different charter schools, to home school and some really fine public schools.

We have all 4 seasons, even if 2 of them are very short.

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 2:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I do not live where I live cause I like it. We live here cause of my DH's job only.

Answer by louise2 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I live in Vegas and every family wants to come visit me! Which includes people who really around well I was growing up. So many people talk to me now, but I don't let them stay.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 2:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• nothing, its too "country". I'm a city girl. We're only here cuz of DH's job and the commuting is easier for him to go in multiple directions that he has to go. Its pretty dull here, I have to work real hard to find things away from the house to do.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 2:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I don't really like where I live either but this is where DH got work. I was thinking on my way home that if we are going to be here for a while, I might as well make the best of it.

Louise2, there must be something that is great about where you live?
    Roadfamily6now

Comment by Roadfamily6now (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• To me their is nothing. Live in SW Oklahoma. Their is nothing here I like.

Answer by louise2 at 4:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I'm a city girl living the country life but where we live I picked out so I guess I am supposed to like it. It's quiet out here even though we have neighbors. We have all 4 seasons also but Winter seems to be the longest. We are home to the Tri City Storm Hockey team and we have one of the best college footballs teams there is a lot to do and our town of 27,000 is pretty laid back we can see deer, skunks, opossums and whatever wild life there is around here also I guess that's why we are Called Nebraska the Good Life

Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• We have so many days of sun here in Cali.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I love the history of my town.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I live 8 blocks from the harbor, and there is ocean about 1 mile south of me, and 5 miles west of me. Actually, across the harbor there is also ocean and beach east of me. The weather is beautiful all year long, although I'll admit that I sometimes miss the change of seasons. It's beautiful, there's so much to do here, and it's home, I feel like I'm home.

We live just south of Los Angeles, and are natives, but we lived for 6 years in Wyoming...which was a great adventure, and I lived in a little Amish town in Ohio for 7 years of my childhood, loved my childhood there, but this is home.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:03 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Oh write- You live close to me. I live in coastal south bay. I live up the hill from the ocean and I often run down to the beach on the coastal trail. I also have a home on the central CA coast. Our home is surrounded by redwoods and is steps from the beach. I love living on the coast.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2010