how do you handel a child that just doesnt give in?

I have a beautiful smart two year old baby girl. However she is the most strong headed stubborn child ever!!! time outs dont phase her, she will sit there do the tme out and go do the same exact thing again. we are consistant we have rules, and punishments for breaking those rules, this child jsut doesnt cave, and i dont know how else to get her to realize what she is doing isnt ok, and its for her saftey etc...

juansmommy

Asked by juansmommy at 2:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have the same problem. My daughter will cry and cry and cry if we don't give her what she wants. I started to ignore her, or even mock her. It has worked- but like you said stubborn. That and they test you, they think if they continue to do something cuz they want it, you'll eventually give in. Just by what I have found out.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 2:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I don't argue about it. If she has been warned (with timeouts following) for several days and she persists on doing it, she gets no more warnings but goes straight to timeout on the first offense.

It will take time but she will realize that this is not a democracy but a dictatorship and mom is the boss.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• LMAO! Sounds like my little monster...it gets even better...she sound like a "strong willed" or "spirited" child. Check out some books from the library...please email me if you want to chat...xoxo
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Keep giving time-outs and redirecting. Every time. Being consistent will help... don't let her win. She's 2 though, this may take a while.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 2:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I have been advised that time-outs do not work for children under 3. Not that I have topped them because it helps me gain my composure. They say children trong willed def. do not conform to normally discipline tactics...
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Read The Strong Willed Child by Dobson...........should be in your library.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• wow..my 2 dd is the exact same way..she thinks she just from the top of the steps,jump off swings,climb trees..we try to tell her no,discipline her,nothing makes her cave..
    i just tell my older kids a copy of her insurance card in post on the fridge..cause she will be using it an awful lot...lol
    my dad said i was the same way so i jut gave up an watch me grow up..lol
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 4:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2010