Assessment testing for college?

Hi ladies, I am going for assessment testing on monday the 4th of october to see where i stand in english and math so i can be placed in classes at my local community college. I don't recall having to do the assessment test before but that was when i was just coming out of high school then. It has been a while. I am now 31 years old and getting ready to go back to school. I am unemployed and want to better my situation for the future. I do have medical training and would like to continue in that field? I would like to either be an lvn or learn how to take xrays or ultrasounds. I really do love helping people. Any advice.

Traci1979

Asked by Traci1979 at 2:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• I just took this test in August. The best advise I can give you is to relax and not worry about it. I knew going in that I would get a low score in Math because that has always been my worst subject. I am 32 so it has also been awhile since I was in high school. I knew the english would be a sinch for me and it was. The way I looked at it was that this test would help put me where I needed to be so I did not stress over it.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 2:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I wouldn't study for the assessment tests. When I went back to school, I had to take the same tests. This was about 7 years ago now. I had an easier time being put into classes where I could rebuild my skills than if I were put into classes that I would have qualified for right out of high school.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• thanks ladies. I will try to do the best that i can. wish me luck.
    Traci1979

Comment by Traci1979 (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I had to take those test and I went to college straight from high school. They are basically testing to see if you test out of the lowest math and English levels. My best advice is relax. If you're nervous, you'll do worse than if you're relaxed.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2010