Underwire bras?

Are they supposed to hurt?

I've been in nursing bras for the past 5 years and I decided it was time to go back to regular bras. The only ones I could find in my size were underwire. I tried them on and they fit, looked fine and were comfortable but I've been fining that if I wear them for the day they start to hurt.

Do I just have to get used to them again or are there some sort of adjustments I'm supposed to do?

Myantek

Asked by Myantek at 10:39 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• try one of the playtex fifteen hour bras they do have underwires and great support i am only five feet tall and weight less then a hundred lbs but have d cup brests... not great... i only can wear a bra for five hours or so before i have to take it off for a bit... now that i am pregnant they are getting bigger and hurt more i have gone to a playtex bra and putting a sports bra or two over it... i think you might need more support and to get better adjusted to it... try having your bra fit ant macys or victorias secret
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I hate under wire bras,,,They pinch poke and dig into my skin...Good support but they hurt...I where either a good sports bra or a regular bra with no wire...Good luck

Answer by louise2 at 10:53 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I wear an underwire, cuz it supports ME better! I'm a "DD" and at first it took some getting used to. I don't think I could wear anything else.. lol. I think its basically just up to you. It does take some getting used to, but I'd wear whatever was comfy! Good luck! :D
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 11:02 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Best bra with uw's from Lane Bryant called Cacique. Don't dry them though. No bra should be put in the dryer. It takes all of an hour to hang dry.
    aajsluckymommy

Answer by aajsluckymommy at 11:06 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• get a bra with plastic underwire instead of metal! the metal ones hurt me but with DD's i need the support of underwire and plastic underwire gives me that and its really comfy too!!
    mommydabbs

Answer by mommydabbs at 8:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Are you sure you are wearing the right size? Mine used to do that before I got fitted and since then no problems.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 25, 2008