What would you do if you worked with other women who act like they are in high school,but their way older than you??

I work with these women who are older than me but are always talking about me behind my back and nice as pie to my face, it drives me crazy and I want so badly to tell them something but I just don't want to stoop to their level. I work in a hospital and things can get hectic but I HATE drama. oh yeah these girls are also best friends so as everyone knows it's hard to work with people who already have a little "group" established.

KayAZ

Asked by KayAZ at 2:27 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• It's hard, but you have to learn to not let it affect you.

If you think about it, how does them talking about you diminish you in any way? You know who you are, right? If so, what they say has no validity whatsoever and doesn't matter. Don't let yourself get sucked into the drama. You are right to not want to stoop to that level. Just do your work and make friends with people who are more mature. You can be polite and civil to them in the meantime. Let them see it doesn't bother you. Eventually they'll stop.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 2:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Keep to myself.
    I worked in an office where I thought I was friends with an older woman. I was like 22 and she was in her 50's. Anyways turns out she was the backstabbing, immature, drama queen. So I just kept to myself after that.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Write mean things about them on the bathroom wall.

Kidding!! I agree with the PP that it's best to ignore it. It will probably annoy the hell out of them if you just keep right on smiling!! Knowing how women can be, however I'd report it to a discreet superior if it got too out of hand.
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 5:02 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I stay at arms length and concentrate on my work if I could
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 2:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• This is why some people get work at home jobs or become their own employer.

Just look at it this way people who cause drama are just unhappy all you can do is keep to yourself and make your own day the best possable day
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Ignore them. Just work hard. It is a job - not a social club.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I had this happen to me. The only thing you can do is ignore it and be the better person.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Ignore them. Why would you pay any attention to them?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2010