I see the advertisments on this site all the time!

I purchased the Playstation Move a couple days after it came out. We got the bundle pack and it came w/a demo disk of new games/coming soon games. It has this game called Eye-Pet, cute little game, and some other party game (Family related). Well I have let my 2year old (3 in Dec) play these games. It's actually kinda funny watching her doing it. In my own opinion, I think it may help w/hand, eye coronation. I have been told that letting my child play video games is basically a horrible situation to place her in, it's going to ruin her life-and now she's gonna get fat. hahaha What do you think of this?

Chell.o_0

Asked by Chell.o_0 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well, I'm not fat. And my DH isn't. He's been playing since the 80s. So much for the fat theory. lol

Its just a way to pass the time. So what? lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 2:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think that there is nothing wrong with games. As long as they don't take the place of child-parent interaction or aren't used as a daily babysitter.
    Just like tv, all in moderation.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• my DS has had a vsmile since he turned 3 (he is nearly 5) I can't tell you the last time he played it, I don't even think it is plugged in to be honest. We learned hand/eye coordination without them, your kid can too
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My 14y/o is 89lbs and WAY underweight. He plays video games(since he was 2 or 3), computer and watches tons of TV and movies(again from birth). He ALSO gets outside and eats right. So, don't listen. It is good for her to develop skills from those kinds of games.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• @ peanut- I never said that was teaching her. Maybe helping a little. She's fine w/o it-just another fun way to do it. sheesh.
    Chell.o_0

Comment by Chell.o_0 (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• None of my kis are fat and we play video games. We watch TV too. I think you are doing fine.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 3:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think things like the Wii and PS3 move and all that are ENCOURAGING kids to do more physical things. If they're up moving around playing the game, what is it hurting?! People need to get over video games making kids violent, fat, etc. PARENTS make their kids into those things by not teaching them anything! I wish X-Box would hurry and come out with something like this so we can get it :)
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• everything in moderation.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 12:54 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• We have a Wii and my kids are far from fat. Moderation is key.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 1:23 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My two year old improved really well on eye and hand coordination and I have to give some props to Wii Super Mario Bros. I think it gets them really thinking as well. She's also really good at computer games and she can ride a BIKE now. Both of my girls are very active and smart but i agree with having everything in moderation. I don't see the harm in letting them play for an hour on days they want to play on the Wii but i encourage outside play and games as well.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 12:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2010