This might sound like a strange question

My daughter is almost 4 months old and lately when I shower and wash my hair I find that some of my hair is coming out like strans of it. Someone told me that it could be hormones has anyone else had this problem??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Health

• That is perfectly normal.  You normally lose several strands of hair every day which are replenished.  During pregnancy the hormones prevent hair from falling out.  That's why your hair always looks thicker and shinier during pregnancy.  After you give birth the hair you would have normally lost falls out, so it seems like you are losing more than normal. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:58 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• You normally loose upto 100 hairs per day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• It's completely normal. When you're pregnant, less hair falls out, then after you have the baby, your hormones change and your hair starts falling out again. In a little while it'll go back to how it was before you were prego. I am at that stage now and it sucks! Everytime I shower I get handfuls of hair!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 23, 2008