Premier design jewelry

I work a full time have a 6 and 7 year old and i am married to my 3rd child.I have some friends that are trying to talk me into selling premier design jewlery but i have a few doubts.Has anyone done it?Do you like it? I just wated a few more opinions!

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• I've bought it, but not sold it. They do have very nice stuff. Best of luck to you.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 2:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I've bought it, but I didn't have the same luck as the PP. The stuff I received was overpriced junk. I spent $75 on a necklace and a ring, both with simulated pearls, and the pearls chipped pretty much immediately when I wore the pieces. Not to mention, in this economy, people are buying this kind of stuff less. If you are going to get into selling it, you have to spend a bunch of money up front and when I looked into it, it just didn't seem worth it.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Over priced junk sums it up, this is why I steer clear of Product Direct Sales anymore...No one wants more Stuff.
    I have no more stuff, make 4 times the income in 1/2 the time..party free
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 3:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Yeah you have to be careful with a lot of direct selling companies lately....some just have prices that are way too high. I'm not going to spend $50 on a piece of jewelry or $30 for a candle. I go to Claire's and get a necklace for $8 or go to the craft store, use a coupon and buy supplies and make my own.....candles, I mostly use fake ones that are battery operated on timers, my one indulgence are yankee candle tarts.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• www.scentsy.com/my2scents

Here is something different. I'm happy to help with any questions or details if you're interested. This is what I do from home...and I've made really good money.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 11:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I agree with the PPs. Another thing to think about is the fact that jewelry isn't consumable like beauty products, so your customers have less reason to return. With Mary Kay, I earn 50% on everything I sell and get to hang out with the girls and have fun, spend time with my family, work whichever hours I want, and earn money while doing it! Plus, my customers love that they get to TRY before the BUY! Get in touch with me if you're interested in learning more!!
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 4:46 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I've never sold it, but I have seen the catalogue. There stuff is very high priced compared to, say, a jewelry store of the fine jewelry department of the local department store. I wouldn't sell it unless you know people who have money to spend.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2010