Lasik

How much did you pay for it?
I'm looking at getting it done in October. Not that I want a cheap doctor, but I'd rather not pay for eye transplants either.
Also, what type of Lasik did you do?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 2:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Health

• i started off with prk, a lot like lasik but it's not a flap. your cornea is actaully scraped off and then you are given a contact to wear for a few days to protect it. the reason why i started off like that was becasue i had been wearign the same pair fo contacts for two years and then i had gone a month wearing my glasses so my eyes could heal and i didn't even start wearing them until i was twelve. the week before my surgery, i was told that they wouldn't be able to get my vision better then 20/50 (i was legally blind uncorrected) and the following week (the day of my surgery), they did another exam to see the numbers were still the same and tehy weren't. now, my vivsion wouldn't be able to be better then 20/30, so that basically approved me for lasik. i get the feeling that if i had waited another week, i could have been 20/20.

my mom paid for it, about $3000, i think. mine were really good. pm 4 more, outta letters.
    caljones

Answer by caljones at 2:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I'd love to have this done, but the thought of someone messing with my eyeballs scares the daylights out of me.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 2:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2010