Divorced Moms, I need advice

I want a divorce. I'm a stay at home mom of two girls under five. How do I get out and get the divorce? I have no family or friends to lean on. What steps do I need to take? What things should I do? Things I shouldn't do? Please I need major insight on how this works. The whole child care situation has me stumped. This economy just sucks right now. I can't think of a worst time to be divorcing but I'm over it. HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Okay Zoeyis I'm sorry but you shouldn't give advice on something you have no idea about.... I was a SAHM when I divorced me ex, and was NOT working, and I have FULL costudy of our boys... So please don't give out advice unless you know what you're talking about...

As for the question, please see an attorney first. Yes you will need a job, but don't panic, there are ways to go about things. Go to your local social services and apply for childcare assistance, then once you get on your feet and can afford it on your own you won't be strapped to start out. Also apply for childsupport as soon as you file for divorce, then you will have help from the soon to be ex and won't have to ask him for it, the court will order temp support. If you have any other questions, please send me a message, I went through a divorce from an abusive man, and know what it feels like to go at it alone...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Please ladies, I need advice, not bickering.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2010