2 year won't sleep in her bed??

So I recently brought my daughter her own little bed, got a princess bedding everything!!! The first couple of nights it took a while for her to get used to, so I did the whole supernanny thing (placing her back in, without a word)... After a while she just start getting out, throwing fits it's just not working! I know there are moms out there who have this problem, can anyone please give me some advice?? Thanks mommies!!

B716

Asked by B716 at 2:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Reward her for staying in her bed, put up a gate so if she gets up she can't leave her room and get back in bed.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Since it's something different, you could stay next to her bed and read (book light) until she falls asleep, then after a few nights, move the chair closer to the door. Then once you have moved to the door (can take a week or two), put her to bed and start the supernanny process.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:42 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Keep doing the Super Nanny thing - put her in, every time. Give her consistency and a bedtime routine. It may take weeks, but it WILL work.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 2:50 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• go to the supernanny site and try the method..works great!!

http://www.supernanny.com/Advice/-/Supernanny-techniques/-/Discipline-and-reward/The-stay-in-bed-technique.aspx
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Thanks coolchich320!! I checked out this site and it's very helpful! I will try this tonight!

Also thanks for the other advice from the other mommies!!
    B716

Comment by B716 (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2010