why am i so tired?

no matter how much or how little I sleep, I am constantly tired and feel like I just can't wake up. What is going on!?

ShadyzLady

Asked by ShadyzLady at 2:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Health

• You should go get your Iron levels checked at your doctors office, because having low iron will make you tired.
    KayAZ

Answer by KayAZ at 2:50 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I have the same problem. I've been told not enough protein. I just don't have any ooomph.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 2:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• If it's not your iron levels, you're getting plenty of (good) sleep, getting to bed at a decent time, eating right, etc... you may also want to have your thyroid checked. An under-active thyroid will cause you to be really tired too.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 3:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• There are a lot of reasons for this. I was having the same problem. They should do a complete blood work up to check your vitamin levels and such. Mine was perfectly normal. After about a year I finally changed doctors. She redid the blood work and it was normal, finally ordered a sleep study and I have sleep apnea. I had no clue. One of the major risk factors is obesity and i'm very petite so i didn't fit the "normal" profile. It's better to see your dr.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 8:06 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I agree wtih the PP....there are several things that can cause this. You need a blood work up to find out what the issue may be.
    It can be anemia, a vitamin difency, low protein, fibromyalgia, thyroid disease, mono or several other things. Please see your Doctor. Not getting enough rest can take a real toll on your life. Good Luck.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:12 AM on Oct. 2, 2010