wondering all day about this is it safe for 2 women to have a relationship

i am separated from my husband for 7 months now and just started seeing a woman who i met at a local park and became friends and our children play together.my husband and i are through just in the process of getting a divorce.the other day my daughter came in the kitchen and seen us kissing.i dont know what else to say to her except that i will always be greatful for ur daddy but him and i are through.what else can be said

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I just posted moments ago about my daughter wanting to tell everyone she is gay------but she is only 14. I feel its too early for her to determine this amongst her High School friends. In your case---your an adult. You cannot tell anyone who to love, but I am sure it surprised your daughter. My best advice is keep talking with her and let her know you love her
    Massey2

Answer by Massey2 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• How old is your daughter? If she's still very young, explaining to her that mommy and daddy are taking some time off from each other. As for seeing you kiss, I'd do that more privately until she's old enough to understand that adults who are the same [gender] can have healthy relationships just like adult couples like mommies and daddies.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• It's safe for 2 women to date but if I were you I would wait till the divorce is finally before becoming to series. You need to sit down with your daughter and explained things to her. She may be confused. It wasn't that long ago when you were with her father a man and now sh sees you kissing a woman. There is nothing wrong with that but to a child it's very confusing.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Do you think your daughter was taken back by this because of the actual kiss.........or could she have been taken back by the fact that you might have moved on and no longer care for her father? She might be more worried about that part.
    Massey2

Answer by Massey2 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Depending on the age of your daughter, this might be very, very confusing to her. Maybe a more indepth explaination?
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 2:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Daaaammmmmnnnn...that sucks. The first time my kids saw me kiss a guy (the guy Im with now), they actually cried. I felt horrible.. I just explained to them (5&3).. that Daddy & I no longer are going to be boyfriend/girlfriend, but we will always be friends and we will always love them both the same! They love my new guy now.. and his new girl.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Hmmm...... That is hard..... Maybe keep it under wraps un til you know you are serious?
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2010