What is your thoughts on dressing twins alike?

I dressed my twins alike till they decided they didn't want to look alike anymore. Now they dress alike only sometimes. They are each their own person and very different. But they are identical and still look alike.

martinmommy26

Asked by martinmommy26 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• Its the parents choice. Occasionally I dress my 2yr old and 1yr old alike.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I'm not a fan... Especially because even though twins may LOOK alike, they are still two individuals, and should be treated as such, not as half of a pair. That's just me, though.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think it is cute but at the same time when they are at the age to tell you that then its time to stop.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• don't like it at all, let kids be individuals
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• [shudder]
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My sister has twins. She dressed them alike for pictures and such up until they about 4 or 5.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think it i cute when they are little but once they get older.. I think it is best if it is their decision. Gotta let them be their own person =]
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I don't like it when the parents do it because the kids need to be their own individual selves. When the twins themselves want to do it, then I see no problem in it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I have 3 little girls (not twins) and i dress then alike :)
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 2:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Well, I have fraternal twins so they don't look alike, they're 3 months. They do have a few outfits that we got as gifts that look alike and I have dressed them up in them. I think it's cute. But you can tell them apart so I don't think it's a big deal. As a general rule though i don't dress them alike. As for other parents I think it's cute. And as they get older as long as the kids don't mind then I think that's cool, but it might not be cool for ppl who don't know them, for ex. teachers!
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 3:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2010