How to remove urine smells from couch

I have almost completed a year long task of removing the urine smell from my couch. I finally found a product called Urine B Gone from Lowe's but it was expensive. Now I have found a similar product at Walmart. But the problems is that it is now 40 degrees outside and I cannot put the cushions outside to dry. My daughter was slepping on the couch for a couple of weeks while we renovated her room and the pull ups leaked. What can I do for the smell. It is the end of October and I need to decide to replace the couch or fix the problems before we start having company for the holidays. Any suggestions. I dont want to use the new stuff I bought just yet since they all say do not wash before you use. Today is going to be 50 and may hit high 50's over weekend so maybe I can put them in the driveway and they would dry.

DiyDiva

Asked by DiyDiva at 10:47 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Home & Garden

• there is a spray at target called kids n pets... it is amazing.. i would call it boy friends an pets but ok... all you do is spray it on pick it up with a dry towel and it dries in minutes... if you clean it you can always put a clean white blanket over it to dry everyones bottoms would help soak up the wetness too
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 10:52 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Take the covers off and wash them. While they are off spray your cushions very well with a mixture of half vinegar and half water. The vinegar smell will go away when it dries it should take care of the smell for you.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 11:01 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• baby powder
    Anonymous

• Thanks for your answers. I have purchased the kids and pets so I guess that is what I will use. I cannot take the covers off the cushions and the one last cushion that really smells bad is really bad. I have had fabric sofner sheets under the blankets on the couch and I have put air freshners under the couch. The only thing that is helping right now is the couch is in my unfinished sunroom/living room. With it being 30-40 degrees at night I am hoping to freeze the smells away. Wish me luck. I will let you know how it goes.
    DiyDiva

Answer by DiyDiva at 12:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• If you live in an area that has a Sams purchase Odorban. It is fantastic! Worth twice the price. Definately will clean urine scent from carpet. I use it in the wash when I clean the dogbed, spray the kennel, etc. Excellent product. This item was recommended to me by a professional cleaner after I removed some clothing that was in the flood water from Katrina. If it removed that odor it will remove ANY odor, :)
    rosegardengal

Answer by rosegardengal at 10:05 PM on Oct. 25, 2008