Would you stay or go?

I have 2 kids and an SO who could give a crap. Yes they are his kids. I am left to care for them with very little help from him and I am reaching my breaking point. He works 2 part time jobs, doesn't want to get just 1 full time job, won't even look just to apeise me. Because of his schedule I cannot work because he said if I want to work I have to pay for daycare too, well I can't do that beacuse I would just be working to pay for daycare which isn't why I want to work. He puts his needs before the kids (and myself) and wednesday nights he doesn't even stay with us because he goes out for guys night and drinks. Well when the heck is my night? He thinks me going to church is sufficent alone time. He goes and hangs out with his buddies when he knows I haven't had a good nights sleep in MONTHS and have 2 crabby kiddos. When he gets extra $ he spends it on himself or doesn't tell me about it til after a purchase... Would you stay

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• If by SO you're meaning you're only together because he is the father of your kids and you're not legally bound to him through marriage thus are able to easily walk out, I'd say go for it.

However, if you ARE married, this little attitude of his can be changed through work. (Sorry, but I take marriage vows seriously. You married him for a reason, right? Good, bad, ugly. If you weren't serious about it, then you shouldn't have got married. If you were, where is that seriousness now?) Like fiatpax said, it sounds like your mind is made up on it. It sounds like you have a lot you need to discuss with him and get off your chest. If I were you, I'd put him in his place and tell him to stop fighting against you. The two of you are a TEAM and working towards the same common goal. It's not him vs you and he needs to see that. (cont.)
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 3:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• you sound like your answer is
    i want out
    and that is the only answer that matters

any family to help you?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• No I wouldn't stay with a self absorbed ass.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I don't think I could stay
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I'm really sorry but when is it your turn? He's a jerk and truthfully it doesn't seem as if he even cares about you anyways. You deserve better and to be happy! Good luck!
    KayAZ

Answer by KayAZ at 3:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would not want to stay

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I could not stay with someone like that...leave him.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 3:03 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would not stay with someone like that. And it seems that you dont really want to be with him anymore either. Think about you and your kids it looks like you are already alone with them. Best of luck
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 3:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would leave.You deserve to be treated right and respected.If i were you i would tell him you need some time apart and tell him why and see if that has any affect on him.If it doesnt i think you have your answer.sorry your having to go through this but good luck.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 3:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You deserve better than that!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2010