Any One Have any Good Banana Recipes

I have a lot of bananas and they ae going bad. Any one have any suggestions on what to do with them? Any banana bread recipes? or other

Bugbait

Asked by Bugbait at 3:03 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• http://www.womansday.com/Articles/Food/Go-Bonkers-for-Banana-Desserts.html
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 3:06 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Banana Ice Cream!

Wait, hear me out... it is awesome! :-) Put your bananas in the fridge until they are WAY ripe- nice and icky. lol Then, peel them and break them into pieces and freeze them until they are solid hard. Throw them in the food processor and let them mix. You do not have to add anything... maybe a stir here and there. But after a few minutes of mixing, it will turn into "ice cream." 3 Bananas is perfect for my family of 5. We put chocolate syrup on it and enjoy.

There will be a slight hint of banana flavor- but the longer you let the bananas sit out, the less banana flavor there will be. Very delicious, very filling and other than the chocolate- really good for you! :-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• This is the most moist banana bread. Use to make it when I had my bread business, people went nutty over it.
    "Banana Pineapple Bread"

3 cups all-purpose flour
    2 cups sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

3 eggs
    1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple,
    drained
    2 cups mashed ripe bananas

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla; add pineapple and bananas. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
    Bake at 350 degrees F for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
    CinnamonScallop

Answer by CinnamonScallop at 3:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I make Banana Oatmeal Bread. I personally think its really good. :)

1/4 cup of softened butter
    1 cup white sugar (you can do 1/2 white & 1/2 brown sugar as well)
    3 Large of 5 Small Mashed Bananas
    3 tsp cinnamon (more or less depending on how much you like cinnamon)
    2 packets of regular oatmeal, though I dont use the packets, I just eye it until it looks right.
    2 eggs
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 1/2 cups flour
    1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
    1/4 cup veg. oil or non-chunky applesauce.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 3:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Preheat to 350. Grease pan, sprinkle with cinnamon. Cream butter & sugar. Mix in cinnamon and 1 1/2 packets of oatmeal. Stir in eggs on at a time, beat well both times. Add vanilla extract and oil/applesauce. Stir well, then add in the mashed bananas. Mix flour and baking soda in seperate bowl, then add to the sugar mixture. Pour into pan and then bake about 45 minutes. I usually top this with a mix of 1/8 cups brown sugar, 1-2 tsp melted butter, 1 tsp flour, and the remaining 1/2 packet of oatmeal and spread this on top once the bread is done baking.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

• Mash 3-4 bananas, mix with 1-2 eggs, a little oil (maybe 1/4 cup) or applesauce, and a cake mix. Bake at 350 til done. I did it with a carrot cake mix - amazing, especially after I made cream cheese icing for it! You can also make muffins/cupcakes the same way. The original recipe called for ONLY bananas but I added the eggs & oil anyway. I got the recipe from allrecipes.com. I highly recommend going to the site and typing "banana" into the search - you'll get tons of awesome recipes - I do it frequently and try new stuff!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 5:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• BANANA CAKE:
    1/2 cup butter
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    2 large eggs, beaten
    2 cups flour, sifted
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 cup milk
    1/4 teaspoon vanilla
    3/4 teaspoon baking soda (add to pureed bananas)
    3 pureed bananas, very ripe

Cream Cheese Frosting:
    1/2 stick butter, softened
    8 oz. cream cheese, softened
    1 box powdered sugar (1 lb.)
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:33 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13" baking pan or two 9" layer cake pans.

2. Cream butter, sugar and eggs. Sift flour several times, then add the salt and baking powder to the flour.

3. To the creamed butter mixture, add the milk and flour (alternating, beginning and ending with flour).

4. Add vanilla and mashed bananas (with the baking soda added to the bananas) to this mixture.

5. Bake layer cakes (9") for 25-30 minutes, oblong (9x13") for 35-40 minutes.

Frosting Directions:

1. Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth, add sugar and vanilla and blend well. Spread on cooled cake.
    iNk-FrEaK