pospartum question

Hello ladies,
I have been trying to find the answer to this question but have had no luck. I want to know from anyone here when was the earliest that you used a carrier for your baby after having a c-section. I had a c-section 5 weeks ago and want to know if I can carry my baby in the carrier now. Will it still effect my stitiches or should I just wait til after my 6week check up? I just find it a lot easier to use one for going out rather than a stroller or carseat. Thank you!

nora17

Asked by nora17 at 10:55 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you do not hurt and your Dr. says you can carry the weight, go for it. I don't remember when I started to use one, my little one is just that too little for most things. I can't remember when the pain from the c-section no longer hurt either. I can only remember that after 3 weeks I had no choice but to get out and do things, my husband had to leave town for work and I had no one else. We had a 2 1/2 year old son and a newborn, I couldn't stay at home.

wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 11:25 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Thank u..:o) I feel the same. My husband is at work all day and I need to get out and do things but find it hard with the baby. I don't have any other kids, this being my first it is hard to learn to do everything with the baby. It does still hurt a lil so that's why I was a lil concerned.
    nora17

Answer by nora17 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• It really depends on the carrier I think. I have an "Ultimate baby wrap" and it has soft fabric and it doesnt create any pressure anywhere. I have another wrap that is pretty uncomfortable for me, so I probably wouldnt have used that right after my c-section. I would highly recommend the Ultimate baby wrap... its awesome. And you can use it for a really long time :). Good luck. Enjoy every moment. Those first weeks go by so fast!!!!!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 1:32 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I waited till after my 6 week check up & even awhile after that! But I also split open the day I left the hospital and my tummy was open for along time so I had to take extra care. I would wait till after your 6 week check-up just to be safe. you aren't supposed to exercise for atleast 6 weeks after a c-section and if it seems like it or not lifting baby in a carrier is exercise!
    Rustysmoma

Answer by Rustysmoma at 12:44 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I had an emergency c-section and I carried my baby in a carrier (snuggli) after 8 days.
    beck_9808

Answer by beck_9808 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 24, 2008