Whats your impression of this?

DH asks his wife to swap seats at a cafe? They switch and she sees a hot girl dressed like Daisy Duke (tight denim shorts, toned legs, tight t-shirt) just past him. The DH says "I wanted to concentrate on you and what you're saying. I didn't want to be distracted".

Was that a sign of respect? Or something to worry about (like is he always checking out women)?

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 3:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• That's awesome. It's totally natural for men (or women) to check out other people. Anyone is susceptible to doing this. And for him to step up and admit it, and then change the situation so that he isn't taking a peek is really good. You know..versus him continuing to check out someone else...the wife catching him & getting upset...then a fight potentially starting. Kudos!
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 5:53 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would have laughed my ass off if mine switched for that reason. We aren't dead..we look at people. Hahahaha I say it was SUPER respectful.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would be great that he would rather look at me then her. Someone like that men cant help but have a wondering eye, it's human nature to look at other people. Just because they look doesn't mean crap unless they are gawking and obviously the man wasn't.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I'm not offended by my SO checking out other women, after all I'm the one he comes home to. I would not have been offended.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• That's awesome... mine would have starred and ignored the hell out of me... I think I'm breaking up with him today...
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 3:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i wouldnt say it's bad. i can see how that can be distracting, and he was taking measures to pay attention.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think that is sweet.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I agree with BradenIsMySon. It's human nature to look. To touch is another story. I would be more worried if he didn't look, because then he's hiding something. He was honest and respectful to you, I'd be proud of him.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 3:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think it's a sign of a man who wants to protect himself from the temptation of looking at some woman other than his wife. My husband would have done the exact same thing.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• that is awesome. I see that as a sign of respect.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 1, 2010