Has your infant consumed....

Any of the recalled Similac formulas? were you aware that there was a recall on the formula? The advanced and the sensitive both have been recalled but only the powdered and the recall is related to Warehouse Bugs in them... causing sever pain and intestinal problem. Come to find out the formula we had recently purchased was before they got the recall out and my son has drank two of three large containers of formula. We could not figure out what has been wrong with him until I just found out yesterday that the formula he was drinking had been recalled. on the bottom of the can there is an eight to ten digit numbering on it and if inside the numbers it say T2 or RB then they have been recalled. You can get even more information on the website on how to get refunded and that is by www.similac.com good luck and have a better day than I am having :) if your child has been consuming the tainted formula go to the pediatrician.

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 3:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is a lawsuit planned if you got documentation of him being sick. You would have to keep your container or at least snap pics.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I hope your little guy gets better.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:27 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I'm so sorry to hear about your son. My son is breastfed and on the rare occasions he does have to have formula, I use Enfamil, that's what I used with my first who was formla fed and I think it's better than Similac. Good Luck Mama, so sorry your baby and so many others have been affected by this! Have you also seen Similac on CafeMom trying to do damage control? They were in my March Babies 2010 group making comments on a post similar to this one! OUTRAGEOUS!
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 3:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I am very sorry to hear that your baby got sick. I "breastfeed" my son but have on occasion given him formula because I was sick and wasn't producing enough milk for him. I used whatever they gave me at the hospital already premixed. I hope that your baby gets to feeling better very soon.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 10:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Yes I am keeping it and I am bringing him to the hospital as well he is only two months old and this really makes me angry we used the last of our money to buy the three containers of formula and they were all tainted
    agriffinmom4

Comment by agriffinmom4 (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Another thing I have found out! My son is allergic to regular formula cause of lactose intolerance and for some odd reason has become very allergic to the soy milk and now I have been switched to another formula!
    agriffinmom4

Comment by agriffinmom4 (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2010