I'm entitled, but you are not..are YOU entitled?

I'm entitled but you are not...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPHJicn4cXo&feature=player_embedded

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 3:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's ironic. I mean these same people who bitch about welfare one day will most likely need it and when they do their mind set will change to well I earned it others didn't they sit on there ass wah wah wah. The real problem is most who bitch about the welfare system only do so because they can't qualify.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• The whole point is that Tea Party activist believe that no one is "entitled" to anything. We believe that you receive what you work for and earn. I work for my money. It isn't given to me. I put in the hours which I am compensated for. That isn't entitlement. That is a fair exchange - work for money. That is what liberals don't get. If you don't work, you don't get paid. Liberals want us to work and someone else to get paid because the non-worker is "entitled" to what I have to get up and go put in the hours and the effort to be compensated for. I'm entitled to nothing. I earn it. If you want it, get out and do the work for it. This guy has missed the entire point, but he is "entitled" to an clarification.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• laughingI got a down vote!!!!! I must have hit a nerve. (or was right)

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• This "smart" guy has completely missed the point. Yes, SS and medicare ARE in actuality social government entitlement programs. Programs that we each one of us have paid into with every paycheck that we have ever in our lives received. No way to NOT pay in, and as far as I know, you can't decline the "entitlements" when you reach the appropriate age. But then, they won't be around when I reach that age, so it really won't matter a whole lot for me and those younger than me, now will it? However, at age 65, Medicare is pretty much the only option for most Americans.

As for any other entitlements, let's see, a JOB would help a whole lot with that situation. But, for the most part, I agree, leave the SS and Medicare for those who are receiving it, (as well as those close to retirement age) alone. Those poor folks have been lied to enough already.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 9:06 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Kentucky, God help him? Now, Isn't he nice? Wow, looks like this not so young fella is all for the death panels, to eliminate all the old tea bagging white people, huh? The old people who by the way, have paid their taxes/ s.s and find it unfair that the money they have paid in is being given to illegals and others, who have never paid in anything! And yes, his taxes are paying for elderly care and probably his grandparents and maybe, even his parents, unless they are no longer a burden on his taxes... This is ludicrous, he attacks elderly American citizens, who imo, regardless of race, are entitled, why would anyone target the elderly like this? What kind of hatred drives someone like this?
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 4:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• OP, what's your opinion of your post?
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 4:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Tea Party supporter's believe that you receive what you work for and earn. The operative words being WORK and EARN..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• OP, almost all, is a really broad statement, what are you basing this on?
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 8:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• gertie: if you worked, you paid into the system and it is yours to claim. That is not even close to what I am talking about. It is the people who don't want to work yet want to have the equal share. You don't get an equal share because you haven't done equal work. I am working, paying to the system, and will happily take my benefits. It is my money. It is your money. It is whoever pays in. It is not for people who never paid in but get the benefits. These people are leeches.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• YES! How ironic! Maybe they aren't aware of what it is that they are getting qualifies as "help from the government", HEHE. They aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed,as a group. I am still amused at their signs. ....The ones they bring to the rallies , with massive spelling and grammar errors.

nothing gives me a chuckle more than stupid people stereotyping others as stupid while at the same time, bashing others for stereo typing.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:34 AM on Oct. 1, 2010