• In the Spotlight:

So we decided to try for baby #3 ...

We have a 1 and 2 yr old boy, would love a girl, but if it's another boy that's fine too. Some points of the day I think "What am I doing" when things get crazy. But everyone says adding 1 more to the mix isn't as bad as you think. If we wait, the oldest will be 5 by the time my husband gets back from his next deployment. And I know if we wait that long I will want 2, so they can play together like these ones do LOL Anyone have any wonderful advice who have numerous children all within 5 years of one another. Specifially any military mothers have any great advice? I will not live on post, my hubby is National Guard now, just came off active duty orders, and I at least now live close to my family for the support. Thanks!!!

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 3:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• i have one and we are on 2, we are coast guard and he leaves for either months or weeks at a time, i say if you have family youll be fine bc it makes it easy i go back home when he leaves alot of the time. at home i need more structure to get through days normally, my sil was also military w 2 and she is not close to her fam they are in another country plus one is special needs, she added three but they were getting out of the military she said the first couple months took massive adjustment but once you get use to it it feels normal but its easy to get nervous and feel awful for a few weeks. if you do get pregnant and the baby comes, take each day one day at a time, and mostly when your husband is away just get through each day the best you can and youll stay sane lol good luck im also anxious for him to leave the first time and me be alone w a 3 yr old and newborn
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 4:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I have 3 Girls ( we were trying for a boy, lol ) a 4 yr old, 2 yr old and a 7 month old :) some days it does get hard but i love having them so close together so they can share everything and play together.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 3:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Good Luck!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Best of luck!
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I don't think I could handle kids that close together! I only have 2 (18mo and 4.5), but I watch a little girl every weekday who is is 2.5. They could technically be siblings so far as spacing goes, but I would have gone nuts! I do go a little nuts now... just the two boys is really so much easier just because it's one less kid to keep track of, one less sippy cup, one less hand to hold, one less carseat to undo. Etc... she's a good little girl, but my meager organizational skills really went out the window after I took her on. We're at least 30 minutes late EVERYWHERE. You should see me in the grocery store (baby on my back, 2 y/o in the cart and 4 y/o walking next to the cart) or on the subway (I hear "supermom" quite a lot!).

I would wait until the eldest was 5. He will be in school and that will give you time to focus on the baby or your middle child. Time to get errands done, etc...
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 3:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I have 2 boys myself, 2 1/2 and 6 months. I have started contemplating trying for a girl. I like the 2 year gap between my boys but don't think I would REALLY want them any closer together than that.
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• good luck! I only have one and happy with that. :)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• good luck
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 9:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010