i have a 4 month old who still does not sleep through the nite! he is now bottle fed too but stil wakes up every 2 to 3 hours

does anyone have tips. im beyond tired during the day. my husband is the best but works alot and only takes weekend feedings. i have a friend that has a 3 month old that sleeps 7 hours straight

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It all just depends upon the child. I'm 44 and I can't remember the last time I slept thru the night!! LOL! Seriously, some just are better sleepers than others... Try different things. The first time my daughter slept thru the night she was 9 mos. My MIL laid her in a playpen and she absolutely loved it! She slept in that thing for the next 6 mos. or so... I believe they just have to get comfortable and usually when they are infants, it's hard for them to feel full enough to sleep a long time...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:27 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• idk..... my 15 month old rarely sleeps through the night. 4 months is old enough for rice cereal. Try feeding her some before bedtime. She's probably waking up because she's hungry. Also, if she's too cold or hot.... We call my son the furnace because he's always hot. people think I'm nuts because he's always underdressed but he freaks if hes too hot! And he won't sleep long if he's too hot, either.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:16 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I always used cereal in the bottle, but seems more and more people disagree with doing so. Your child is old enough to start solids, so that may be an option for you. It keeps them fuller longer, so you dont have those middle of the night feedings.
    fcangel9

Answer by fcangel9 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Start feeding him rice cereal 3 times a day, see if he will take it with a spoon, it's easier then in the bottle and he will start sleeping better through the night.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 23, 2008