What can I do for my 6 month olds diarrhea?

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 11:13 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Rice cereal and bannanas worked for my twins..
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 1:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Pedialyte.. and call your Dr. for further instructions.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:24 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Don't do pedialyte unless your Dr. tells you to do it. We were instructed to give our son pedialyte when he was that young, but they had us water it down.

The main thing you need to do is keep the baby hydrated. Keep giving bottles like there is no tomorrow. If he/she will take it, give the bottle.

Someone once told me that you could give them a tiny drop of children's immodium, but I would ask the Dr. about this. I never did try it.

Good luck, I know it's awful to deal with. Just keep that baby hydrated!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Keep your baby hydrated and do not give your child anything except for what your doctor tells you. Also, watch for diaper rashes. You may need to air out your little ones bum and make sure there are frequent changes.
    sleepymommaof2

Answer by sleepymommaof2 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• call your Dr. for further instructions and then if the dr says Pedialyte use that but also anabiodics are used sometimes but i bet the doctor will say use pedialyte because they don't want the baby to get dehydrated.
    momin20062008

Answer by momin20062008 at 3:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2008