Suggestions for gifts

My son's school has decided not to allow classroom bday parties anymore due to so many children with food allergies.
So when a child has a bday and wants to celebrate it with the class they can bring a board game, puzzle. book to give to the class or they can give gifts to the students.
Suggested are pencils, and stickers.

share some other suggestions that children in the 2nd grade would be interested in receiving for a gift

virginiamama71

Asked by virginiamama71 at 3:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Wow, that's crazy! Oreos have no nuts! Bouncy balls, small cheap stuffed animals, erasers (my daughter loves to collect the cute ones) kookie pens, silly bandz
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I have found that dollar store gifts are the best for children in elementary school. I've had to do the same thing several times for bday parties and I just go through the dollar store toy isle and find everything from toys to puzzles to books to coloring books.....all for a couple bucks!! The best and in all reality school gifts are just a tiny piece of the bday because the real presents are coming when they get home. They're just happy they're getting any cute little thing.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 3:52 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Awe! That's ad you can't bring anything in! Last year DS had a peanut allergy in his class so we made rice crispy treats instead.

Anyway. How about silly bands. Kids are nuts for those right now and as the parent of a 1st grader you can never have to many pencils! I am not a big fan of the little trinket toys though. they get broken and lost and never really played with so it's a waste IMO. Maybe a pencil 2-3 silly bandz(off brand ) and a little note pad.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i would get a book of any kind and silly bands
    Samantha H.

Answer by Samantha H. at 4:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• http://www.orientaltrading.com/toys-novelties-a1-388762-4-0.fltr

great toy ideas (and can stock up for the entire year for all the kiddies, for CHEAP).

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would hit the local dollar store or oriental trading co and check out what they have. I would make a little goodie bag with silly things in it.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010