my DD is fighting her bottle while she is teething , does anyone else have this problem ?

For the last couple of weeks , my DD has started teething. Her mouth is so much in pain she won't even take her bottle without putting up a fight ? Does anyone have any suggestions. I have tried oragel but that isn't helping , So I need anything to help my lil one be happy again

pandpmommy

Asked by pandpmommy at 3:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• omg YES! i am going through the same thing right now with my 8 month old! she usually eats 24 ozs of formula a day and for the past 3 days i'm lucky if i can get her to finish 3 full bottles. she purses her lips when i try to give her the bottle! i know it's hard not to flip out when your little one isn't eating but as long as she is eating something during the day it's fine. once those little suckers come through her normal appetite should return! but if you notice anything unusual from her call her doctor, and look for how many wet diapers she's giving you.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• yes mine just started teething and she is only 9 weeks and she is fighting it to poor babies
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 4:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• my son did this too. i tried orajel,teething rings,and frozen rags. nothing worked for me either. he would refuse to eat too. i always tried to get his mind off the pain. the only thing that worked for him was being comforted by me by playing with him or rocking him to sleep. as long as she's eating something she should be fine. it's normal. however if she completely refuses to eat then call the doctor.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 2:31 AM on Oct. 1, 2010