ex boyfriends funeral to go or not to go??????

Ok im only asking anonymously because im sooooo sick of bashers!!! So im married for almost seven years and a boyfriend i had 4 years before i got married just passed away( he was murdered last fri) Anyway my hubby has no no no interest in my ex life or past ..i did tell him about this though..well anyway he was 26 when he died..i am a little older but isnt it no big deal to attend a funeral of an ex if im married now???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• If it wouldn't be an issue with the family at the funeral I would go an pay my respects.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I agree if the family would appreciate it and you want to go then you should go.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• agree with PP, just remember to be sensitive to his current wife/gf/so who will be grieving badly and probably doesn't want to hear about you and her SO's past, kwim? if anything just say you're an old friend and are sorry for her loss...
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 4:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would go to any and all of my exes funerals if they passed away. I never left on bad terms and whether or not we worked out, they each played a very important role in my life and were important to me at one time or another.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 4:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I wouldn't go if it will cause any problems with your husband. The ex won't know.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• sorry to hear of this
    go as long as everyone is ok with it
    if he had a relationship
    maybe sit towrds the back
    or just go through the line
    and skip funeral - if you think it would ruffle anyones feathers
    if no feathers to ruffle, then go
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I went to my ex's funeral when I was engaged to my DH. To tell you the truth my DH was not to happy about it, but my ex and I had dated along time and I was still friendly with their family so I wanted to be there, and even my entire family went, so my DH got over it.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 4:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would go..you cared for that person at one point or another. as long as you got a long with the family and it wouldn't upset the family you being there..i suggest go.
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 4:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i'm sorry for your loss! If you think it will help with closure and you want to say your last goodbyes, I'd say go. Yes you had a history with him, but thats exactly what it is...history. I understand your hubby is a bit weirded out, but you have the right to pay your last respects. My sister attended her ex fiances funeral. His wife was there also. They put all past aside and mourned together because it was the right thing to do!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:10 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think you should go like the others here have posted
    Mary Lou V.

Answer by Mary Lou V. at 4:26 PM on Sep. 30, 2010