If you could name one thing that you remember

that was so scary in your life that has to do with your children and you will remind them about it every chance you get or talk to a friend what moment would that be? (you can answer for multiple moments if you like too)

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 3:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• hey op :) same here!
    My son had pyloric-stenosis, he had surgery at 7 weeks. He was born 9.91 got up to 12.1 then dropped to 7.3 lbs in those 7 weeks because the doc couldnt figure out what was wrong. They kept telling me he had a cold, a formula allergy, the flu, acid reflux....It was scary as hell to watch my baby become skin and bones.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 4:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• His NICU stay. It was scary not knowing what could happen everday, or what was wrong when the alarms went off, and seeing him with so many tubes and monitors. It was just scary not knowing if he was going to make it or not. I will never forget what a struggle that was.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• When my first was a baby he slept so soundly that every time I would go in to check on him my heart would sink because I thought he wasn't breathing. Like 2-3 times a day for MONTHS. lol.

When DD broker her leg at 18 months.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• When a 13 yr old boy was kidnapped waiting for the bus. He lived just a few miles from us and it scared me to death. Just knowing the guy who took him was driving by our house looking for a child left a very uneasy feeling in my stomach. To this day I watch our boys wait for the bus, and that was 3 years ago.
    Thankfully they did catch the guy, and found another boy he had taken 4 years prior...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• when my duaghter got attacked by dog. I met my husband at the hospital and about cryed when i had seen what they done to her face
    nurdreams

Answer by nurdreams at 4:04 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My son fell on the playground in our neighborhood and cut his head on a nail. He needed 10 stitches and it really didn't turn out to be a big deal, but the moment of hearing him scream followed by all the children around him screaming and then seeing all the blood gushing from his head and I mom-sprinted to him...the thought makes my stomach drop every time! Sheer panic.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 4:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• when my son was an infant , he had to get many blood tests weekly. He had pale stools and the pediatrician was clueless so this was all she could think of to keep an eye on his levels. His veins were tiny so they took from his head and holding him down was so paniful to my heart. Nothing was ever diagnosed or concluded, and he got over whatever it was. He is 2.5 years old now and terrified of doctors and nurses. He wont even let them weigh him or lay him on the table to measure his height. I'm in the process of switching pediatricians
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• PLEASE SIT CHILDREN PROPERLY BUCKLED IN SHOPPING CARTS!!! Our son fell head first onto the floor at our local Wal-Mart while shopping with his Great-Uncle. His Uncle allowed him to stand in the cart when he leaned over and fell. When our Uncle brought him to me, I was HORRIFIED and so scared of the possible damage. The knot that was on his head was HUGE and seemed to be growing at a fast rate. I was so upset, worried, and shaken after seeing him that I immediately forgot everyone, took our son to the car, put my four-way flashers on, and hightailed it to the local ER. Although the CT scan showed no brain or skull damage and only a skin bruise, I still worry when he is unbalanced or seems forgetful that the reason steems from that accident. He was blessed not to have any brain damage. Now I have paranoia that no one will be as careful with our children as myself; it is hard to trust them to go somewhere alone with others.
    KC3221

Answer by KC3221 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• When DD was five months she had blood in her diaper, I called the on-call ped (because of course it was Sunday night) and we first went to the local ER (just in case) then after a few hours there had to drive 2 hours (with my FIL and MIL-ugh) to the nearest children's hospital to be told she couldn't eat anything until they made sure she didn't have any major intestinal issues, watching a kid with a penny in his nose get in before my baby (waited for almost five hours before being admitted) then getting to a room and waiting, doing tests, waiting again, practically being accused of child abuse because some xray tech didn't know what they were doing, waiting more, the whole time she's crying to nurse and I couldn't- it took 12 hours just for them to get me a pump (that was also how long it took for her to get admitted for observation. We spent another day or so with her diapers being monitored .... CONT...
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• CONT...and the doctors grumbling that she hadn't had any more bowel movements since the one that had blood in it (yeah, bf baby on nothing but clear liquids for over 12 hours and you think she'll be POOPING?) Finally they came to the conclusion that there was no physical reason for the blood but if it happened again (thankfully it didn't) to let her ped know.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2010