Pet-Urine smell???

How do you get rid of it??? My dog has some accidents once in awhile..we shampoo the carpets pry once a month..it's dark brown carpet so we never know where she goes b/c she usually does it when we aren't around..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Pets

• I would add some Nature's Miracle to the shampoo when you do the carpets. It also works with human urine and accidents while potty training as well. It is a little pricey but totally worth the cost.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• onion juice!!! sounds crazy but works even with cat urine n where cats have sprayed..thats the worst smell
    Tia B.

Answer by Tia B. at 4:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I got this stuff called Stain + Odor Remover made by Simple Solution to remove my pets urine from the carpet and it works great. I got it I think at pet smart.
    Mary Lou V.

Answer by Mary Lou V. at 4:10 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Kennel the dog.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Ugh, we have this problem too. I am going to get them shampooed professionally.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Dab the wet spot 1st. I know you can sprinkle borax on a spot and let it dry and vacuum it up, but if you don't know where the dog goes that's making it a little harder. Maybe sprinkle some on all of the rug lightly let it sit for a while and then vacuum, but I'm not sure it would be as helpful.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• we have this problem too... and a couple weeks ago i just had to shampoo every inch of the carpet ( it took me like 3 hours just to do our 13x7 living room) ... and i just used RESOLVE carpet cleaner and it did that job - and our carpet was REALLY bad
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 4:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Oxyclean does wonders for getting the smell out.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 4:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i tried everything i found that the resolve pet deep clean powder that you have to scrub into the carpet wait 20 minutes then vac will make the carpet clean and smell fresh..... i have 3 dogs and 2 of them love to mark on the carpets.
    darkangel88

Answer by darkangel88 at 4:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• First of all, you have to figure out why the dog is doing it in the first place. Is he on meds, or drinking more water than usual? Some types of dog medications will make them drink more, but also if they are drinking more then normal, this could be a sign of a serious problem, such as Kidney disease.
    My dog had a problem of peeing everywhere as well. I learned to keep her on a strict schedule of when she ate/drank. I allowed her to have water after she ate, then put it up, until she went for her morning walk. Then I would feed her in the afternoon, let her drink afterwards. I made sure she couldn't have anything to drink a couple hours before we went to bed and always took her outside before we went to sleep. Pretty soon, we knew how much water was too much for her to handle and she is now used to it. Also, you might try isolating him in an area of the house(like the kitchen w/ a baby gate) when you leave or go to bed.
    RubyBlue82

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 8:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2010