Any ideas on how to boost my immunity?

Let me explain, the past year was rough.. I got sick three different times, general cold, sinus, aches and pains... Last time I had it was May or so... Now, I have it again... I can't take iron or anything like that. I have tried vitamins, to no avail. It seems the older I get the worse I get. It seems like if I ever hear someone sneeze or sniffle, I catch it. Like I said before, I do use the sanitizing hand stuff continually.. I wonder if that is affecting me...

pupmom

Asked by pupmom at 11:17 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Health

• The best thing is to eat healthy and exercise. Those 2 things have been PROVEN to make you healthier. So by eating right, that means eating lots of fruits and veggies and having a good variety. Eating fruits and veggies of different colors is important because different colors have different vitamins, minerals, antioxidants. So try to have lots of reds, orange, yellows, deep greens, purples, etc. With exercise, try to do strength training and cardio, this will strengthen your immune system.
    Using hand sanitizer all the time is NOT a good thing. It actually can make bacteria stronger when you use it too much(like if you take antibiotics when you don't need it you can get sicker) Just washing your hands with soap and water is better than using hand sanitizer.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• You may not be able to take iron, but what about eating food with more iron such as fresh spinach and/or more foods that have vitamin C or vitamin C enriched.

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:35 AM on Oct. 23, 2008