Is this normal?

Is it normal to be 24 years old married with a child to feel homesick?

We moved to South Carolina from Michigan back in April. And lately I am feeling extremely homesick. My friends and family are all in Michigan!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yes of course. I made a pretty significant move as well... I had lived by my family for 30 years. I would say to you that it takes a good year or better to not feel as homesick. But it will happen more around the holidays.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:23 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Absolutely. It wouldn't matter if you had ten kids and 20 new friends, it would still be perfectly normal to feel homesick.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:23 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Yes, that is normal. Moving is a huge deal and moving away from everything and everyone you know is a big adjustment. A lot of people go through the stages of grief when making a big move.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 11:32 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• yes it normal at any age......
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:36 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I moved from Michigan to Georgia and yes, I am home sick every year from September to May when the weather is not what I am used to. Get out and make friends or just stay in and keep us online close to you. Keep in touch with your family and if someone offers you money to come home and visit, go! Don't be afraid to offer to have them visit you. Don't worry about how small your place is or how little you have to feed them, just having your family around at this time of year makes a difference. And don't be shocked when people freak out over flurries and call it snow! lol

wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 11:38 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Thanks all I thought that I was just being a little abnormal. I know my husband is getting very frustrated with me these past few days!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• It doesn't matter how old you are or what stage of life you are in. When you move away from everyone you know and love and are surrounded by strangers, you feel homesick.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I live two hours away from where I grew up, and I still get homesick all the time. I've also been married for ten years, lol, and have a daughter and one on the way. But I still want to be home in my tiny town. :)
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 12:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I often miss my family (8 hours away) and my husbands family (although I haven't figured this one out). His family is 3 days by car away. I so miss the mid-west compared to the south and somedays are much more difficult than others.
    SandyP0626

Answer by SandyP0626 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2008