What is wrong with people these days?!

Seriously an open realtionship? what is the point of getting married? I just cant believe people actually think this is ok. I am all for living your life how you want but alot is said for some old fashion values.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Is it hurting you?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• some people can't find everything the need in one person and theres nothing wrong with it as long as everyone in the relationship is open, honest, and happy
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I see it pretty much the same way. I don't understand getting married to someone, making a lifelong commitment and then bringing someone else into your relationship. I couldn't do it. They can do what they want but I don't get how they could make it last, too many problems to pop up. I have a friend doing this and thier marriage has gone to hell in a handbasket.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I am shocked by this..some woman on here worried about stds when she agreed to an open marriage. I just think people should have morals and pass them on to their children. Lack of morals is hurting our society imo. I get they have the right to do it, but I have the right to openly disagree with it if they put it out there.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Personally, my mantra is: I don't care what you do behind closed doors. I don't go around telling you what I do, so please exercise the same courtesy for me.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 4:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• times have changed we women have changed and got more independent. marriages don't last like they used to because now women don't put up with all that crap the men put them through and fight for their rights, they can support themselfs much better then they could in the past....so and open relationship is ok by me, its not for me but i don't care what other people do behind closed doors. what they do is not my business as long as they don't run around and start preaching about that this is the way to go. the couple has to decide on that on there own and agree to it.
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 4:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• So, what makes you the source of morality?
    What gives YOU the power to decide how others express their love, and live their life?

Since when is consenting adults having sex such a bad thing?
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 5:24 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I don't understand it either, but if a couple is happy living their life that way and their children aren't affected, I think they should live their life as they please.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I understand what you're saying because I read that post...and you are right...why have an open marriage and then wonder if he gave you an std...if you are open to having an open marriage then you should be open to catching something his other partners had or better yet, go in the open marriage thing knowing that whoever your husband's partner slept with, you have also slept with them too! KWIM?
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I see your point, but we don't know circumstances...insurance..etc...I actually never thought about it much..it eem illy but it doen't bother me
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 6:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2010