Celebrating our marriage, but not a wedding?

My fiance and i are getting married soon. We are just going to do it. We are financially unable to have a "wedding" that we want, so we decided to just have the mayor marry us with the kids and a couple close friends there. We are going to have a celebration later, but its not going to be a wedding. Does anyone have any ideas on inviting people and making it special, but cheap, and not having a traditional wedding? We have access to a fire hall for very little money.

(It is both of our 2nd marriages)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• Girl, that could be really fun! Turn it into a holiday type celebration! A potluck where everyone brings a dish could really help you all out financially. Maybe some kereoke (sp?).. Have a ball!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:44 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• that was me and my hubby i say get a computer program and make up ur own invitations and turn it into a a reception persay. if u know someone that can cook u guys cook the food urselves go to the dollar store and get ur plates and decorations and do it yourselves. big lots, family dollar, and dollar tree, even dollar general u can find alot of decorations for cheap and that are tasteful!! have fun && congrats
    ARMYWiFEnSAHM

Answer by ARMYWiFEnSAHM at 12:03 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• awesome idea! have cake and punch!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:22 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I agree make it into a holiday thing or something. You might even be able to find a place that has left over summer stuff real cheap & turn your fall into a summer fling. Just a thought. Dollar store always has stuff.
    HelenStoner

Answer by HelenStoner at 1:25 PM on Oct. 23, 2008