Can you get a vasectomy while on the medical card?

I posted before that my husband lost his job ( and insurance).... I thought right now since he doesnt have to worry about taking a day off of work would be the time to get a vesectomy ( we both agree for him to get it done) .... but he said that the medical card wont cover it ( we havent had to use it yet, so we are not really sure what you can and cant do with it ) ...

2lilbumblebees

Asked by 2lilbumblebees at 4:15 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm not sure what you mean by medical card. I think medicaid covers it though, because a friend's husband was going to have it done until he chickened out.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 4:17 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• yeah what exactly do you mean by medical card? my dh had his done last march and we weren't on medicaid but qualified for a 'sliding scale' through our clinic so we only had to pay a percentage of it, was about $250.
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 4:19 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• oh.. I didnt realize there are different kinds?
    2lilbumblebees

Comment by 2lilbumblebees (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• In Canada you can if you have basic Medical and a Doctor's referral. Not sure about the U.S. and your health care.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:10 PM on Sep. 30, 2010