how long did you have your baby in a bassanet?

i am getting a bassanet and it looks kinda small it looks like i can have my child sleep there untill he/she is 6months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My oldest three were about 5 or 6 months old when they moved from their bassinet to a crib. That's about the time they started rolling over and moving around a lot.
    My youngest slept in it until she was 10 months old. But it was an old bassinet. We took the legs off of it and just had it sitting on the floor like a basket and it was wedged between our mattress (our bed) and the wall. By then she was able to crawl out of it so she moved to the pack-n-play (she never slept in a crib).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:27 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My son was in his free-standing bassinet for about 3 months. at that point it seemed like he wiggled too much to stay in it any longer. Then we put him in the bassinet part of the pack n play for a couple more months (until he reached 15 lbs). Hope this helps.
    MommytoGRP

Answer by MommytoGRP at 11:32 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My daughter was almost 8 months...it was me Idid not want to let go...
    I wanted her next to my bed as long as possible..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:33 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I put both my daughter's in there crib at around 3 months (as soon as they started sleeping through the night.) If you wait too long, they will get used to having you there and it will only make it harder for them to sleep alone in a big crib. I know its hard to let go...but you just gotta do it! It is better in the long run.
    minverva

Answer by minverva at 11:35 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• We didn't use one at all. Both my kids went straight to the crib next to my bed.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 11:38 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I think I used it for like three weeks. My kids didn't like it.. They always wanted a king size bed when they were babies.. I swear... They liked room!!!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:41 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• it all depends on yor child my son only stayed in a bassinet for 3 months before i put him in a crib babys grow at different rates once your little one starts learning to roll around and moving a lot of just seems to be getting to big to sleep comfortably then id move them to a crib
    kaszilynn88

Answer by kaszilynn88 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• yea i really dont want one but i heard from my sister that my grandma was got me one but i wanna use it so it wont just be left there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• i never used one my son slept on me for a week then went to the crib....
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 11:45 AM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Sarah was 3.5 months when her head was hitting the top of the bassinet.
    scrapn2do

Answer by scrapn2do at 11:48 AM on Oct. 23, 2008