i cant get a tampon in to save my life!

i have tried everything! it feels uncomfortable just to try and push it in, i have never gotten as far as actually getting it in. i've had 3 kids, sex is just fine, why won't it go in?? i'm so over using pads! :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Health

• oh its because your vagina isn't actually straight. there is a curve and you're hitting the curve. you need to squat when you put it in and if you still hit it keep the tube in a adjust it by pulling it towards you and then push it in
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I used to have this problem as a teenager. My mom had bought me KY lubricating jelly, and it helped a LOT! I just put a thin layer of it over the tampon and it went in easily. Also, the lubrication helps to move it around a little until its comfortable, without pain. Hope this helps.
    Arielles_Mommy

Answer by Arielles_Mommy at 4:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Maybe you're cervix is at a strange angle. Have you tried standing and putting one leg up on the edge of the bathtub and then putting it in?

If you're having a lot of difficulty, it might be worth asking your doc about it. Maybe s/he can help you.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 4:26 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Find a good position, maybe put a little lube on the applicator. It took me until I was almost 30 to learn to use a tampon. Sometimes they are hard to insert during the lighter part of your cycle.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:26 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Push it in towards your butt not up towards your head. Your vagina is parallel to the ground not to your spine.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I know! They irritate me,they don't fit right or something. However, what I did find was, a good position (angle) and use Tampons (pearl) they tend to glide and are less restrictive than the regular cardboard ones (in my opinion) Here is the link, check em outhttp://www.tampax.com/en-US/products/Pages/products.aspx
    websavvy1

Answer by websavvy1 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I can't wear them either. I think my cervix is low. Also, I always hated that cottony feeling. Have you ever tried Insteads? They are great, you can't feel them and you can wear them up to 8 hrs straight.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I do not wear tampons.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2010