At what age did your kid learn all their ABC's? How about numbers (at least 1-10)? Colors? Shapes?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 4:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• my daughter 3, has autism, so three words together is a good word day
    i was so happy when she learned to point
    she knows circle- she loves circles
    i spend a ton of time with her, she has had therapists for over a year
    in sp ed classes, fought to have her IEP changed from 2 days to 4
    she is making progress
    but not like all the others kids, whose moms are posting in here
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My son knew how to count (1-10) and his colors by two. He finally got shapes and his ABC's at 3 and by 4 knew his ABC's in sign language.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My son is two and he already knows all the letters (but can't recite them in order yet - he just identifies them if I point them out), can count to ten and knows most of the colors. My daycare provider does a really basic preschool curriculum every day and I think it's wonderful!
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 4:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• my daughter learned to talk, count, and all of her shapes by the time she was 27 months old.... but she just now leanred how to write her letters ( she is 4 )
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 4:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My grandson was 2 in June, and he can count to ten and sing the alphabet song. I do think it varies with children and depends a lot on how much time is spent with them. We count and say our ABC's while pushing him in his swing in the back yard.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My DD is almost 3. she knows all of that stuff and then a little bit more...She can count to 20 in English 10 in Spanish and does letter and number recognition though it isn't prefect or anything.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• my DD was late on learning her ABC's I think it was at like age 4 she is 5 now. Counting was at about age 3.5 ahe was able to count to 11. Shapes she was 2. I asked her one day and she said them I didn't even know she new them lol. Colors I believe she was 2 or 2.5 as well.

Now my 2.5 year old doesn't know her ABC's, She doesn't know her shapes, I don't think she even knows her colors, she doesn't know her numbers maybe 1-2 or 1-3 that is it. I have been working with her, but she has no intrest in it what so ever.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• He was 3 years when he knew all that.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My almost three year old knows his ABC's to recite and by sight, and his numbers 1-10. He knows a few colors, shapes, animals/sounds, his body parts, but doesn't really talk much....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2010