booger picker

i need ways to stop my 5 yr from eating his boogers..he seems to do it when he deep into watching tv or playing games..
he does it so much my 2 is now starting to do it..
i have tried popping his fingers but it hasnt help....

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 4:26 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would just keep explaining to him it's gross, and try to keep his hands busy in other activities. (example, when he's watching tv, maybe give him a coloring book to color to match the characters, or find interactive television shows, like dancing, or counting/adding video's etc).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I'm sorry, I don't have anything. Mine picks her nose, but she doesn't eat them (often; I tell her they're gross and to use a tissue).
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 4:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i will try the book thing..an yes it is gross..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• eewww, my son does that too! arrgh! The teacher complained to me. I'm sorry, it is gross but I had to laugh. I just asked him, pleaded with him, not to do it. Once the mean kids get a hold of him, he will stop. Its kid intervention! lol
    websavvy1

Answer by websavvy1 at 5:20 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i fig that he would stop once that happ..it just make him punch the kids out of frustration..hopefully he wont become a bully cause of this..lol
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Maybe you could tell him that if he gets too many boogers in his belly he will get sick. I know, I know you are fibbing but sometimes I will tell my daughter small fibs to get her to stop doing a bad habit. I also not a lot of people disagree with this so if you are one, please disregard and I am sorry :)
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 12:01 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• TY..i will give it a try..i have no problem streching the thruth..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 12:58 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I told my dd that boogers are bad germs that your body wants to get rid of. I then asked her why she wasn't helping her body cause she was putting them back in! She got this horrified, grossed out look on her face and told me she would stop.
    unicornnymph22

Answer by unicornnymph22 at 2:38 AM on Nov. 11, 2010