So I HAd A Epidural and i have had extreme back pain!

i had my daughter in january and ever since my back has been killing me. it will hurt so bad that i get pain that will make me fall to the ground? does anyone have this too and what should i do? i have no insurance and im a single mom not working yet.../ Help me please

nesamama

Asked by nesamama at 11:49 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Health

• Back pain is common after having an epidural for up to 18 months after giving birth, but it sounds like you should really consult a doctor if the pain is causing you to fall to the ground.

Have you looked into your state's indigent or Medicaid plans to get insurance? There's no reason why a single mom who just had a baby should not have insurance. Do you have a free health clinic in your area? If not, check with some of the local hospitals if they have special discounts or payment plans available for those without insurance.

GL
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 12:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• i worked for a neurologist for 5 yrs... we saw many mommies for unresolved back pain following an epidural... unfortunately epidurals can cause nerve damage.. you really need to consult with a dr.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:21 PM on Oct. 23, 2008