How many women on here really want a more natural child birth?

I do not want any pain meds when I go into labor. I think being induced is absolutely silly! Do any other moms feel this way?

bmdred

Asked by bmdred at 4:32 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• call me when your 43 weeks pregnant ...
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I do.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think I have the choice between being induced or having a c-section, I don't make the right hormones to start labor... Why am I silly for not wanting surgery? Seriously? Come on... If you want to choose otherwise, great for you, but blanket statements are never a good idea.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:35 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Yes I felt exactly what you said. So I set my mind to it and excercised alot, made my labor SO much easier. It was so very rewarding to follow through and I truly enjoyed it. My first son I has meds/epi and it was a horrible labor, so I went to the other extreme. Second worked out much better for me, but thats just me, everyone does things thier way.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I meant for the ones who dont go past their due date.... Like i have a friend that has 11 more days til her due date and she wants induced just for her convience...
    bmdred

Comment by bmdred (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• *Raises hand* I wanted a home birth, but it's illegal to have an assisted home birth in my state, plus the nearest midwives are in a bordering state over two hours away. Hopefully my next birth will be from a semi-planned pregnancy so we won't have to go through that trauma again. I think that the past century of smear campaigns against midwives and the influence of the media have led women to believe that they can not give birth without a trained surgeon in the room. I think that women would be far more comfortable with giving birth if they saw more of what natural birth can be like, instead of all the bad stuff on TV and in movies, where every woman is screaming and there's always an emergency.

I know that it's a personal choice, and I respect that. But I personally prefer natural to medicated, unless there is a real emergency.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Unless there's a medical reason for it, I'm pretty much against induction too. With my first child, I ended up with a c-section because his giant head got stuck. After 20+ hours of labor, he hadn't even entered the birth canal... With this one, I'm going to try and go as natural as I possibly can. Thankfully my doctor and hospital are behind me on that. I for one don't judge anybody for using pain control medication, I'm still not 100% sure I want to go the ALL natural route myself...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i'll take the drugs. i choose not being in a lot of pain. and i dont think YOU'RE silly for wanting it to do it YOUR way.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I went natural with both my kids. I opt for epi but it failed both times so I felt every single contraction and every single push
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I support natural child birth if it is supported for the Mother and Child by nature. Yet, if need be, then induce or operate. Whatever is best for each situation. I do not support induction or Cesareans just for the sake of comfort, though. These choices can bring serious complications that may not occur with natural childbirths. A lot of inductions lead to C-sections too. With that typed, I believe the method used to birth the child/children should not be condescended upon.
    KC3221

Answer by KC3221 at 4:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2010