Has God every called you to do something that made you uncomfotable?

How did you handle it?

(This could be something as simple as speaking to someone you don't know or something more difficult, like moving to another state.)

Trista P.

Asked by Trista P. at 4:33 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Heavens, yes! Often and often. Drives me nuts! And I must admit, sometimes I let the discomfort get the better of me.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• God doesn't call or tell anyone to do anything. he gave people free will and didn't make us obeying robots
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• yes..but i believe anything that God requests u to do will never be anything that would harm me or he wont protect me from..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 5:04 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I am not sure that God works at that level. We are all called to be kind, to everyone. To be kind to people we don't know, to show warmth to others, is something that even humanists and atheists recognize as being important. As a yogini and Buddhist, I say look to the root chakra for clues about why you feel that God is calling you to do something, like moving, that you don't want to do. The root chakra governs change and our ability to handle it. It comes from within ourselves, not from an outward source.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 6:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Yup I am doing that now.. its a GOOD thing... it stretches you, teaches you to trust in Him.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Aliishotts: according to the bible He does .... :-) He calls us and tells us to do things... its up to us to CHOOSE to follow it or not.
    He said to His disciples Come follow me... they had the choice to say no but they didnt , they followed. Can you imagine .. they left their nets ( their livliehood) and followed. He said to the rich man have you done this and this and this and he said yes I have kept those since my youth, He said good now give all your riches to the poor and come follow me... the rich man didnt obey and follow . He had that choice. God won't MAKE you do anything but He will call you or tell you to do something and you have the choice to obey or not. It is better to obey than sacrifice :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Sure, almost every time He has ever given me a dream, vision, or word of knowledge/wisdom. I've learned to follow His leading because it is truely what is best for me and everyone else involved. But first always make sure that it is truely God's will because satan is very tricky. I pray for God's will to be done, wait for His conformation which can come in many different forms, and when I do what He wants me to when He wants me to He gives me peace for my obedience.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 8:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Oh yes. Sometimes that first step out of the comfort zone is the hardest but seeing his plans and his will for you unfold as you go is wonderful! Obedience is not always easy but it is always best.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• No, I make my own decisions about what I do with my life.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:15 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• No, but I have only had calling to do great things, who can be uncomfortable with that,
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2010