buying fast food

have u ever tried buy kfc,burgers off the dollar menu an making the side dish an drinks yourself an if so..was it cheaper an worth it?

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 4:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• why would you do that?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 4:38 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Definitely! I've done that same thing alot by just ordering the buckets of chicken from there and Popeyes. When I am out running around, if I need to eat lunch, I'll just pick up a burger from the dollar menu. I always carry water with me anyway!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:39 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• do what?
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Probably not cheaper. Definitely faster. Not likely healthier either. I try to make my own food, but if I'm going to be lazy and not cook, I'll have the hubby pick up fast food on his way home. I don't generally mix fast food and homemade tho...yuck.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 4:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• i saw it on a local tvs broadcast..
    she said a lot of moms save money by just buying the bucket of chicken an making the side dishes like mash potatoes,mac&cheese,fried rice yourself cause u get more out the meal an save a lil money so i just wondered if any moms have done it..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 5:02 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• While it is true value meals are cheaper than buying the parts separately, it is actually (usually) cheaper to buy just the burger and fries by themselves and get your own drink from home (if that's your destination). I've done that before when I was younger. The rare occasions when we do go out now, we do pretty much buy off the dollar menu and supply our own drinks.
    Cenchan

Answer by Cenchan at 5:13 PM on Sep. 30, 2010