How can I make my daughter to understand that hurting other kids is not good?

My daughter started going to a regular school after 3 years of daycare. She always went to the daycare with her cousin. I never had a complain about my daughter being nasty with her cousin. But now my niece (my daughter's cousin) come every day to tell me that my daughter don't treat her nice. My daughter call her names and my niece's cries every morining when I drop off with my daughter to school. I spoke to my daughter more than once and it seem that she does not understand what I am say because she is still repeating the same thing, making her cousing feel bad.

mamieve84

Asked by mamieve84 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 23, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Take toys or ground her from t.v. Ask her, would you like it if other kids hit you or called you names?? Tell her she will have consequenses if she doesn;t stop. When she keeps doing it, just take toys or the t.v
    Anonymous

• I know it's cruel, but a lot of mom's teach their kids not to bite by biting them back. That's how I broke my daughter. She has recently taken to hitting her younger brother when she's mad at him (she's 7, he's 2). He's getting fed up and has started hitting her back, and she's backing off now.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 7:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2008