HOMEWORK

do you feel like your kids teacher give your kids a lot of homework for there grade? about how much time does your children spend doing homework each night?

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 4:41 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• 3rd grade..less than 20 minutes. Half the days she has no homework.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My daughter doesn't get homework in grade 1.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 4:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• No she does not have to much homework. It can take anywhere from 20mins to an hour. She is in first grade and has it every night.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• well my son is in 4th and he has homework every night even Sunday's and he has about 4 pages to do it takes him about one to one and a half hours...my daughter is in 1st grade and she as well has homework every night but she gets it done in about half an hour...
    iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My son is in Kindergarten and has only had homework once. They do encourage the parents to read for 20 minutes each night but it is not we don't have to keep track of it like the other grades do.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:47 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I know when I was in school we had a ton of homework. All through out grade school there wasn't a night we weren't assigned homework. Even when school was let out for holidays we were given a crap load.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My daughter is in 2nd grade and so far she's been coming home with only 2 pages of homework, which is good. The teacher before her would send my daughter home with at least 7 pages of homework in 1st grade. She was overloaded.
    angelica02985

Answer by angelica02985 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My children all go to different school. My little one has home work from me and most of the time it is a lot. The older kids use play time to do home work in school. When they do get home they are to tired from the extra activies to even think about home work. some how the older kids fit it in to there day. With out asking me for help. Plus i have out side help that help the kids with time management. They hate it but finds that it help them in the end. I guess when they are small and you work out side the home then two hours out of the day gose toward homework.
    dorotheabrown37

Answer by dorotheabrown37 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• my 5 yr i thought got too much cause he gets like 7 pages a day..but the teacher said he is so smart that she knows he can do it with no prob..an he likes so who am i too say..
    my 3yr old get like 2 pages so she can be prepared for pre-k in the future
    my 13&15 they get enough to satify me..but all mine go to school 11 mons out of a yr..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 4:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• My son always had to work extra hard on his homework. He had a hard time following and keeping up with the kids in his class so I had to go over every lesson again when he got home.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:43 PM on Sep. 30, 2010