When you were dating...

...how did you know it was time to "go to the next level"? Yes...I'm talking about sex...how did you know and how long after you started dating did you have sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• A month... and it just happened, I knew that morning that by the evening it would happen. TENSION!
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• about a month a half then we had sex. It just kind of happened.We didn't plan it or talk about it
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:50 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I had sex with someone whenever I felt like it.

Sometimes that was the first date.. Sometimes that was never.

There was no specific time period that I would wait for..

I based my decision to have sex or not on my own feelings, wants and needs. Not time.. :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I showed up at my front door in a towel and told him I had to get dressed. I knew we wouldn't be going out that night.
    It had been about 2 weeks
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 4:51 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I agree with pixie... Then again, I've always had a rather casual attitude towards sex. If I feel like it, I do it. I don't believe I need to be "in love" or any of that.

So with my fiance, It was on our second date. But we had known each other casually as friends for about a year prior to that.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:54 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• We were having sex before we started "dating." But I never waited beyond a second "date" I just never saw a good reason to deny myself that long...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I agree with Pixie... sometimes the first date... sometimes a month or two.... I believe sex is just sex though.... I'm more liberal about it
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• There is no specific time on waiting you just know.
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 5:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• We were very attracted to each other and I had hoped to wait longer. But we did it on our 6th date because I just couldn't wait. I felt bad immediately after because I was afraid it would change everything and afraid he would think I was too easy. But my fears were unfounded and we continued to fall in love with each other eventually getting married.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 5:09 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• If you're talking about all the guys I've dated, it varies. If you're talking about my serious relationships, the average wait time from beginning of relationship to sex was about 2-4 weeks. My first serious boyfriend was still in junior high school; we were 18, waiting four years. Then, from the next serious boyfriends until before my husband, about a month. When my husband and I were dating, we'd already been deployed on the same ship together for five months, spending all of our time together as best friends. Within a month of "hooking up" we had sex.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 5:19 PM on Sep. 30, 2010