what would you do????

my daughter came home today and told me alittle boy showed her his area they were at lunch so there should of been someone keeping an eye on them oh she is in 1st gread it kind of made me mad because no one called me to let me know what happend if it was your child that came home and told you that what would you do i tryed to call the school but no one picked up so tomorrow i think im going down to her school and talk to someone about it i just thought they would have to contact me for something like that

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Sep. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would do the same as you. Go down and talk to someone right away. There is no telling how that boy learned it....
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:59 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You are doing the right thing make your presents known because if you don't more danger can be around the corner then what some one did some thing that could hurt your child or some one else child. I had this happen once to my daughter except they were calling me because she hit him in the balls.
    dorotheabrown37

Answer by dorotheabrown37 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would be mad, someone should have been watching them. You should definetely go tomorrow. I think I would throw a fit.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 5:05 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• Make sure to reinforce to your daughter that she was right to tell you and that you are going to take care of it so that (God forbid) if anything like this ever happens again she knows to come back to you. Then go to the school tomorrow and make sure the teacher knows as well as the principle and ask to be told about whatever is done regarding the situation. To me, a child so young may not realize this is even wrong, and certainly doesn't realize how wrong and all the ways in which it was wrong. I wouldn't want to see the kid expelled over something like this, but he also needs to be watched to make sure this behavior isn't repeated and talked to about this to make sure that he is not picking it up somewhere in an abusive way. Good luck!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 5:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I would actually not call the school but go to the school personally and report it. I however will be careful as to how it is reported because they are suspending 1st graders, kindergartners, and so forth for things like this "which could be just the innocence of a child"!

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 6:08 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• I think you should go to the school to let them know what happened. I'm at my child's school all the time, and during lunch time, there are adults in the lunchroom, and it would be difficult for something of this nature to happen. However, during recess after lunch, it could happen. There are adults supervising the children, but the children are running around playing and things like that could happen. I don't think it necessarily means that no one was watching the children. As others have suggested, the child may not have meant anything by it, so personally, I would approach it calmly and just advise the principal that it occurred and you'd like it not to occur again. Let your child know that you are glad she came to you and that no one is allowed to show off their privates to anyone, nor should she.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 6:36 PM on Sep. 30, 2010

• You need to report it to the school, in person. That is inappropriate and it scares me to think of where he might have learned that.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 1:16 AM on Oct. 1, 2010